Pandora's Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Box - A text based RPG based in the city of Calous, where the opening of the legendary Pandora's Box has caused the whole city to be over run by what can only be described as mythical creatures. Few are survivors, will you be one of them...?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

Monster Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Monster Suggestions

If anyone has any suggestions for monsters, please, post them here.

At the moment we have a total of eighteen types of monster, which seems okay, but I think that we could do with more. So, if you think of anything, we could really do with help for ideas.

We're trying to stick to a mainly mythological theme to the creatures, so keep that in mind when suggesting.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://pandorasboxrpg.rpg-board.net
Daniel Urden
Level 1
Daniel Urden

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Suggested monster

Griffin(s)
Winged creatures being half bird/half lion.

Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Ah, yeah, good thinking.

The Griffin will be added to the Bestairy shortly.

Thanks for the suggestion, if you have any more, please, feel free to share, :).
Back to top Go down
Daniel Urden
Level 1
Daniel Urden

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 pm

I was thinking of others...

but most of those are like BOSS level...

Golem -
Created due to the excess dark magic of pandora's box within a small area magnetizing all matter around it to form the humanoid body. Only method of killing it is through the condensed magic that is now its eye. (aka learn to shoot the purple glowing thing)

Colossus -
Created when a golem is formed in an area full of large building debris causing it to grow over 16 stories tall. It now can gather debris from the destroyed buildings that it finds. Like the golem, its only weak spot is the condensed magic which is now much bigger and located at its heart. However, due to the large debris that covers it, killing this thing isn't going to be easy with normal weaponry

White Werewolves-
These albino werewolves are stronger, faster, and meaner than your typical werewolf. These, however, don't run in packs of their own kind prefering the normal werewolves instead. If a pack of werewolves have a white werewolf with them, expect it to be the Alpha.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:43 pm

Are White Werewolves actually from any Myths or Legends? Or something you've thought of? I only ask because I've never heard of them. Though, it does sound like an interesting idea, perhaps a Alpha White Werewolf and it's pack could be a hunt, rather than a normal monster.

As for the Golems and Colossus; I'll talk it over with Amy Rayne, but I think that the Golem will be added, and the Colossus probably involved later as either a hunt or Boss Event.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Urden
Level 1
Daniel Urden

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 pm

sounds good to me

And I have no clue where I got it from..
Back to top Go down
Amy Rayne
Admin - Lv.1
Amy Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 pm

i have been thinking about the Golem and surely we should go for the Golem which is the humanoid made of clay (or sometimes even made of rock and lava); rather than the scrap metal version suggested above just so it keeps with the myths and legends; also it is very similar to the Colossus idea. But you expect to see the Colossus on the hunts section in the future.
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 am

Minotaur
Head of a bull, body of a human, generally quite bad ass, superior strength, speed and durability compared to normal humans, Like dark places where they can stalk their prey, they also have a un-earthly craving for human blood.

Centaur
Hunting in packs, normally with wooden spears or bows and arrows, have normal human strength - in their arms, but their bodies are much faster and stronger, but they can be taken down quite easily - if you know how.

Dragon
As a boss battle, it has to be, iron hard scales, razor sharp fangs, fire from its snout which could melt the very rock,

Gargoyles
Basic Winged Beasts, Large Grey Wings, with razor sharp claws

Goblins
Basic Foot Beasts, Normally equipped with bone knives they amuse themselves by stealing and pillaging, on their own they can be a feeble opponent, but they are usually in packs of ten to twenty, which makes them an increasingly deadly foe.

Hydra
(Possible Boss Battle) Nine Heads Seven Foot Dragon, One head cut off, another two will grow back, but bear in mind, the middle head (or heads if you've already cut it off) has the deadliest venom and the hottest breath.

Manticore
Advanced Battle - Body of a lion, tail of poisonous spines, similar to porcupine quills, has the face of a distorted man or woman.

The Legendary Kraken
Team Boss Battle
The Mighty Kraken, Demon of the seas, nine hundred foot long, five hundred foot wide, their tentacles alone are able to rip ships apart and destroy fleets of ships,

Back to top Go down
Daniel Urden
Level 1
Daniel Urden

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:19 am

we already have the first four..

Goblins a possible basic

the other three you'll have to talk to Hunter and Amy Rayne
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:28 am

I realised you had them on the bestiary once I'd made the post, its my bad.
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry it took so long to get to this.

Okay, I think I'll start off with the Hydra. Good thinking, I actually had the same idea. Of course, being such an immensly powerful creature, it will be either a Hunt, or Boss/Event battle. So it'll be added to the Bestairy when it appears.

Next... Goblins, er, could be added, I guess. I'm not too keen on them personally, but that's just me. I'll leave that one up to Amy.

But the other two, going to have to say no. Well, the Manticore seems pretty similar to the Chimera, just not as bad ass with the lack of dragon head, lol. And the Kraken, great idea, but one major problem: where are you going to find a Kraken in the middle of a city?

Thanks for the input though, Smile.
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 pm

well I assumed due to it being quite a vast place, they would have a sea side, guess not, because if they did, they we did, we could have Siren's as well, and maybe Kraken Younglings for just general fights against, my bad -_-
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 am

Don't worry about it, it's a good idea, and I'd thought about it too.

But, thinking in terms of the storyline, being stuck inside the city, the sea would be classed as an entrance or exit to the city and would have been blocked off during the quarentine.

I mean, if it wasn't, every survivor would just find/build a boat and be sailing away into freedom.
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm

well they could try, but there is a kraken in the sea around Calous, which would inadvertently destroy any incoming or out going vessel small or not, thus disabling any route out of Calous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Suggestions   Monster Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora's Box :: Out-of-Character :: Suggestions-
Jump to: