Pandora's Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora's Box - A text based RPG based in the city of Calous, where the opening of the legendary Pandora's Box has caused the whole city to be over run by what can only be described as mythical creatures. Few are survivors, will you be one of them...?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I've Been Out For So Long

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Callum Winson
Level 1

I've Been Out For So Long Empty
PostSubject: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 pm

I cant sleep
Since I stopped caring
No, I can't breathe
Since I stopped caring

Callum pulled his hood up and his cap down as he walked out into the streets of Calous, he could see his hotel, where the Minotaur killed his mother, the vampires that had killed his brother, they were stampeding from the museum, ripping to shreds anything in their filthy demonic path. The particular street Callum was on was coated in a fine layer of rubble, Callum jumped up on top of it, Careful not to make too much noise, I mean granted it was bright day light, any enemy could see him, they wouldn't need to hear him, but the safer the better, what if there was a particularly saw of sight Cyclops? Callum, moved a chunk of rubble, looking for any kind of bag, any kind of weapon, or any clue to why this had happened and how Callum was going to help set it right.
(144)

Callum looked behind him as the wind bristled through the dead tree's lining one side of the street, the branches looking like claws as the sun clashed through them, 'If there is a god, why hasn't he helped us?' Callum thought to himself lifting another pile of rubble away, If he wasn't dead in a few days, he could survive this wasteland, he knew it, He would come out of here victorious, and all of these demons would be defeated, and we would pile their bodies to the sky and burn them, for his dead family and all the dead families, Callum span as he heard a loud bang, coming out of his day dream of victory and he realised - this isn't going to be that simple.

Post words - 272
Back to top Go down
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Watching from afar a creature kept its yellow eyes on the human in the city, watching his every movement and possible action he could take. He seemed relaxed and distant in his thoughts; this made him venerable and it made him a prime target for what was lurking out of his sight. Its heart rate began to accelerate as the hunt began; scraping its right hoof against the concrete floor it began to charge.

Smashing into cars as it did so, creating a loud banging sound with the cars hitting one another. This caught the attention of the human who turned to see the muscular beast with the head of a bull and body of a man with the legs of a bull. There was no doubt that this was a Minotaur, and it looked mad and full of a deepening hatred towards mortals.

Stopping its charge before reaching the human it stands up straight and proud, its eyes stared straight into the young male’s no doubt sending a shudder down his spine. Its mouth opened slightly as it exhaled heavily, its muscles flexed as it brought its right arm back and clenched its fist. Swinging its arm round it aimed to punch Callum clean in the side of the head; and with the Minotaur’s build it would easily knock the human out and halfway across the road. The human’s best chance of survival is to find away to kill or hide from the Minotaur because running way will get him nowhere…
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

"Damn" Callum muttered as he saw the Minotaur, it raised it self up making itself bigger than necessary, the beast was easily bigger than Callum, the taunt was just to shove fear into his face, "Well I'm Callum, nice to mee-" Callum jeered as the Minotaur charged him and swung a fist at Callum, Callum ducked down beneath the fist, his eyes widening at the sheer size of it, Callum picked up a handful of rubble from the floor and launched it towards the Minotaurs face, if Callum could disorient it, He would be able to take advantage of the beast's weak points, which Callum guessed were the horns, due to them being bone matter, wouldn't they have nerves going through them? Callum dived to the side, not bothering to wait to see if his trick worked, Callum spotted a car down the road, Plan.

Callum noticed the front windscreen of the Car had been smashed out, so he dived through it landing in the passenger seat, he still wasn't looking at the minotaur, it reminded him of his mother, it may even have been the beast who killed her. Callum looked in the driver seat, a half eaten corpse, Callum checked the glove compartment - empty, He checked the back seats - empty, "Oh For the love of god" Callum began to search the corpse's pockets, looking for either a weapon or the keys, If he couldn't physically hurt the minotaur, he could run the brute over, then how clever would he be, with Red Painted Aluminum sticking out of him.

Post - 262
Total - 534
Back to top Go down
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm

The human had managed to evade the large muscular beasts attack, ducking under its gigantic fist and then throwing rocks and dust up into its face. The Minotaur instantly moved its hands to try and cover its face; this stop most of the large pieces of rubble, but the smaller pieces and dust slipped between its fingers and straight into its eyes. The Minotaur stumbled back with its vision temporally removed.

Callum then dove into a nearby car and began searching frantically, even searching a rotten corpse for the car keys; he never thought to check the ignition. The keys just sat there ready to be turned to start the engine. It wouldn’t have been long before Callum noticed them.

The car lights turned on and the engine coughed and spluttered into action, the tires then screeched and smoked as the car sped off towards the Minotaur. It soon realised what was happening and turned to face the car, bending its knees and leaning forward it braced its self and charged forwards. Placing its hands under the front bumper it then lifted up the front of the car, the front wheels continued to spin round and the Minotaur stared into the car and grunted at the human. Lifting the car higher it started to tip the car onto its rear to throw it onto its roof so that it would be upside down … the young man would have to move quick to get out of that car as the Minotaur was then planning to charge into the car and slam it into the mass amount of abandoned and scrap cars that still filled the road…
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Callum eventually found the car keys - in the ignition, "Wow, Im stupid" Callum sighed, opening the car door and pushing the corpse out, "Many apologies" Callum muttered under his breath as he pushed the car into automatic, accelerating as hard as he could, gaining wheel spin he turned the car towards the Minotaur and slammed it into him, The Minotaur barely moving began to lift the Car up, "I find this slightly erotic" Callum said to the Minotaur before winking, Callum, turned the CD player up to full blast, only playing white noise, but because the Minotaur was part animal, its sense's should be more advanced than humans, and it should distract him again, so Callum could come up with a plan, 'Okay, Dust doesnt stop them, neither do cars' Callum rolled to the side, falling out of the back window, he rolled across the concrete before running again, this time to a seperate pile of rubble from a half torn down block of flats, getting both hands underneath a large rock he shoved a chunk of Rubble away, finding the remains of a smashed up bed, picking up a broken wooden beam from the bed, he turned to see the Minotaur flipping the car.

"You never give me a break do you? you remind me of my ex-girlfriend, guess what? I killed her too" Callum shouted, brandishing the sharp end of the beam at the Minotaur, "Come On Then Honey, Come and Get me!" Callum shouted, kicking dust into the air, If the Minotaur charged Callum, he would launch the jagged end of the beam straight into the demonic beast's stomach, so that he could finish him off, in a incredibly - kinda - heroic manner.

Post 288
Total 822
Back to top Go down
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm

With the front end of the car up in the air the human decided to turn up the CD player to full volume. The constant buzzing sound drove the Minotaur crazy; this distracted the beast greatly allowing Callum to escape undetected. The monster then threw the car onto its roof, the remaining windows shattered and the CD player faded out into nothingness. The Minotaur was then greatly confused when it saw the human a few feet away holding a plank of wood.

The beast readied its self to charge, and in a quick burst it set off towards the young male with its horns towards him. The creature quickly gained speed, especially for its large build. As the thing got close to Callum, he drove the wood towards its torso; this achieved nothing more than splinters for the Minotaur and bad news for the human. The Minotaur didn’t stop running, and would easily knock the human off his feet and across the street.

Stopping its charge the beast looked down at its minor wound, taking its claw like nails it slowly removed all the large splinters of wood from its tough leathery skin. Grunting slightly as it did so with minimal pain, it then looked back over to the human, and got ready to charge towards him again…

Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 pm

"AAAH" Callum screamed as the Minotaur charged him, he thrust the beam forward, barely making a dent, the wood snapping, The Minotaurs charge sending Callum spinning into the air, Callum landed on his back and rolled back up onto his feet, "Ow, Okay, Your a tiny bit tougher than my ex-girlfriend" Callum cracked his neck, and took a deep breath and noticed the Minotaur was readying to charge again, Callum backed up against a lamp post, "Come on big boy!" Callum teased laughing, "Big girl, i dont know, I dont care" As the minotaur charged a second time, Callum dived to the side, hoping that the Minotaur would knock himself out on the Lamp Post, a new note for Callum's mind 'once it starts charging, it can barely stop until its hit something'

Callum rolled across the floor scrambling to his feet, his chest aching, one of his ribs probably cracked, Callum dived under a car and began kicking at the engine, springing a leak he rolled out of the side, He reached into the car window, grabbing the car keys from the passenger seat he clicked them into the ignition, turned, the car roared into life, Callum, stood behind the low lying car, If the Minotaur took the lamp post, it should charge him again, and that bitch should go boom, "You minotaurs are too clingy, I think we're gonna have to start seeing other people"

post 237
total 1059
Back to top Go down
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm

As the Minotaur began to charge again, the little human rolled to the side leaving the Minotaur on a collision course with a large metal post. It didn’t even notice until it was too late; with its head down it couldn’t see that Callum had moved, and this also meant it couldn’t see the lamp post right in front of it. Its head slammed into the post, bending it with the immense force behind the Minotaur’s charge. The Minotaur stumbled back, its head spinning from the head butt to metal. Almost falling over with each step as it retreated from the curb side and back into the road, the beast then fell to its back dazed and confused.

The large hand of the Minotaur reached towards its face, trying to steady its vision and stop its head from spinning. It looked like Callum’s plan had worked better than he had expected, the creature was on the verge of unconsciousness. Struggling to even sit up the beast stayed on its back on the cracked road. The lamp post too seemed to be having problems standing up; it started to bend further, heading towards the Minotaur. The metal creaked as it slowly swayed further; it then started to speed up as it got closer to the ground.

Slamming down, the post barely missed the Minotaur, the light smashing next to its head. Stray pieces of glass bounced off its tough cheek. The creature continued to lay motionless on the solid ground, a slight grumble escaped the mouth of the Minotaur... Now would be a good chance to run and hide, because this wasn’t going to be easy to kill with bare hands...
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 am

Callum realized the Minotaur was down and out for the count, but over the sound of the car engine, Callum couldn't hear the Minotaur grunt, and Callum's little victory celebration was brought to a close as he saw its hand rise to its head and it wasn't unconscious. Callum sighed and kicked a rock across the road, "am I going to have to keep on making these over generic ex-girlfriend jokes?" Callum sighed, Opening the car door, He glanced up, the Minotaur still wasn't over its lamp post contact, 'good, that is good' Callum pulled a loose brick from a wall, it crunching ever so slightly, Callum put the brick in the driver seat as he picked up his cap and put it back on, pulling it down over his forehead, he put the brick on the accelerator pedal.

If Callum had sprung the leak right, then the car should explode near or on the Minotaur, catching it in the blast, hopefully the burning fuel would coat it, stopping the beast once and for all, 'Come On, You are the beast which killed my mother, and for that you shall pay' This was the first beast Callum had fought and aimed to kill, most he'd done before is wounded and ran, but Callum was sick of running and he couldn't do it anymore, not his families memory, he was the last generation of Winsons, and he was going to avenge them.

word count - 241
total - 1300

Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Daytime. The sun high in the sky, and there was no sight of clouds. It was going to be a nice day… Pff, yeah right. In fact, a lot of survivors would call this a bad day. There was no darkness for cover, or rain to disguise footsteps. Just you, a wreckage of a city and the monsters.

Callum wasn’t the only one out that day, in fact, another survivor was not too far from him. Hunter would usually go out in the evening or at night, but something was bugging him, he couldn’t sleep today. So, with nothing worthwhile to do in the Bunker, he’d venture out. Being an arguably selfish individual, he wasn’t out looking for supplies for the survivors in the Bunker, he was planning on finding himself something of use to kill the wretched creatures that have been roaming the city.

Currently, the ‘lone wolf’ was indoors, having a quick look round someone’s home. The building itself was in fairly good condition, but inside it looked like it had been raided a hundred times over. There were a couple of bodies in the living room, stinking of rotting flesh, decaying in a dried up puddle of their own blood. Hunter hadn’t got round to checking upstairs yet, but there was no sound of movement, however, there was then the sudden sound of a smashing car outside.

This particular street appeared completely abandoned when he got here, but there was something going on outside. He even thought he caught the sound of a voice. Regardless, he wouldn’t just waltz out there to see what was going on.

He kept calm and took a casual stroll through the kitchen pulling open the draws as he went, until he stopped at one with a tray of knives. There weren’t many, and they weren’t in any order, just scattered about like someone had rummaged through them already. He just took one in his right hand, a relatively small but sharp looking knife, now held in a reverse grip. He then pushed open the door he had left ajar as he entered to see an empty car cruising towards a stunned Minotaur…

- - - - - - - - - -

Post Word Count: 361
Topic Word Count: 361
Back to top Go down
https://pandorasboxrpg.rpg-board.net
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:12 pm

The car began to gain speed as it moved towards the Minotaur without a driver, the car then ran into the side of the beast’s head, the bumper slamming into its temple twisting its neck violently as the car continued to drive over the beast and dragging its horns to the side. As the car came off the other side of the monster it slowed to a stop as it ran out of fuel. The no hornless Minotaur lay motionless, not even breathing anymore; the force of the car twisting its neck must have snapped it.

The car never exploded as Callum had planned, but then again there was a flaw in his plan that he seemed to have over looked; he had no flame to cause the fuel to ignite. Never the less, the beast was dead, and Callum was alive; any way you look at it that is a victory for mankind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Minotaur killed – 15BP Awarded

Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Callum smirked as the Minotaur was crushed by the car, "Wow, you died just like my ex-girlfriend did" Callum smirked strolling up to the dead minotaur, its neck bones sticking out at weird angles, he pulled its head to one side to look at the damage. Both horn's torn clean off, "Good car" Callum laughed patting the trunk of the car, He picked up both the Horn's putting on in his belt, the other in his rucksack, they were sharp enough, he looked up, noticing a man watching him from the shadows of a goodish condition building, "Are you a vampire? - because if you are, I will turn this car around Mr" Callum smirked.

He may have been of the Joking nature, but he didn't care, 'what if he's another hunter? - wanting to steal my kill, ha, he probably expected me to die, so he could get in while the minotaur was distracted with the ripping and eating of me' "Well, what are you then Soldier, Speak up?" Callum grinned, his hand tinkering the 'handle' of the would be Horn-Knife.

post - 182
total - 1482
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Hunter's eyes followed the car until it slammed into the Minotaur, tearing it's horns off and breaking it's neck with a violent twist.

'Hm, not bad.'

He thought, seeing the teen take care of the humanoid bull without any sort of conventional weapon. Taking out a Minotaur single handed without a gun is quite a feat, maybe he was quite skilled, but perhaps he was just lucky. Either way, the beast was dealt with, and so, Hunter and his kitchen knife weren't needed... Yet.

"You talk to much, kid."

Hunter replied bluntly, not actually answering any of Callum's questions, as he paced out of the building's doorway, loosening his grip on his knife's handle as he relaxed a little.

"You don't expect to stay alive out here on your own, do you?"

He asked rhetorically, not actually wanting an answer. Especially not if it was going to be another of his girlfriend jokes. But, it was actually almost a fact that people couldn't survive out in the streets alone, especially without a decent set of weaponry. Luckily, this street was almost completely empty, but if you ended up with a street full of Zombies, building filled with Werewolves, and a fire-breathing dragon in sky, you’d be toast… Literally.

- - - - - - - - - -

Post Word Count: 208
Topic Word Count: 569
Back to top Go down
Callum Winson
Level 1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Callum nodded at his first answer, a thin smirk spreading across his face, at the talking comment, when the question was asked, Callum pulled his collar up more and said simply, "I'd rather be alone - I've been alone since this shit went down, I've survived this far, why wouldn't I be able to survive long enough for some actual military operation happens?" Callum said, semi-sarcastically, knowing that the most likely answer to that would be - no military action is going to happen, and that the military in a few months are going to come strolling in to find a handful of survivors hiding in a military bunker, cornered by lizard men, golems, minotaurs and a dragon, and there isn't going to be a thing the government can do about it, as far as Callum was concerned the only way to hurt a dragon was for it to be attacked from the inside, if anything can get passed its flames that is.

Callum looked round at the empty street he was surprised that he hadn't seen a gargoyle screech past or a zombie lurking, maybe hearing the minotaur charge scared them off, maybe, just maybe, it was either that or they were just waiting for the right time, when Callum's or this new comers backs were turned, it wouldn't surprise me, the demons of this world are devious as they are surprisingly stupid.

post - 234
total - 1706
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Admin - Lv.1

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Hunter's head dropped to look at the ground, a very slight smile crawling it's way onto his face, finding the cocky teen's optimism fairly amusing. A military operation; pff, yeah right, if they were going to do anything they'd have done it by now. Besides, what could they do...?

"Every survivor knows that the military don't give a damn about us, they've got their own problems; anything that flies they try to shoot down, everything else is stuck here with us. You can forget them saving us, we're on our own."

He replied, again quite bluntly. He wasn't the sort to dance around the topic, and instead, got straight to the point. Though, Hunter took note of Callum's words, especially the fact that he preferred to work alone. And, well, Hunter didn't blame him, he was the same. But there was one thing that Ash had learned: it doesn't matter how much you want to work alone, there are some things now strolling these streets that no one man can handle alone. Sometimes you have no choice but to cooperate with others... To an extent.

"Y'know what? If you wanna hunt alone, I'm not gonna stop you. But if you ever find yourself in trouble, ask around in the Bunker for 'Hunter', I'm always up for a challenging monster hunt..."

With that said, Hunter turned away from Callum, taking a few steps before waving his hand behind him;

"Good luck..."

- - - - - - - - - -

Post Word Count: 240
Topic Word Count: 809
Back to top Go down
Beast Master
Monster
Beast Master

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 pm

With all their talking the two humans had lowered their guard and neglected to check their environment for other monsters that might have been attracted to their location after the loud bangs of metal and concrete. After all with no other noise in the city the sound would carry through the air for miles and attract attention.

Near the two a group watched from the shadows, their mouths dripped with blood and saliva, their eyes fixed on the humans. The group then emerged in a stampede of rotting flesh. A large group of Zombies flooded the street from one of the alleyways close by. There was ten of the undead corpses hurtling towards Callum, there wasn’t much hope for him on his own; Hunter would have to help him or he would end up Zombie food.

The risen dead then lifted their arms attempting to grab the small human with a big mouth, the stench of their decayed and putrid skin was over powering and would fill the nostrils of anyone within a meter of one of these Zombies making them even more disgusting than the regular versions of these sacks of meat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Out For So Long   I've Been Out For So Long Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've Been Out For So Long
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora's Box :: City of Calous :: The Streets-
Jump to: